Bellevue · Bikram · Dessert · Green Juice · Pike Place Market · Seattle · smoothie · Travel · Whole Foods

Rain, Bikram, Smoothie, and one last visit to Seattle

I think I finally had adjusted to Seattle time as I did not wake up at 5 a.m. again. I woke up around 7 a.m. and looked up a Bikram Yoga studio nearby. I did not have a rental car but the hotel provided a shuttle within a 1 mile radius of the hotel. I found The Yoga Element that was about .8 miles away. Score! The studio had a traditional Bikram class at 10:00 a.m.

Monday morning at the hotel was quite different than the weekend. There were a ton of business people in the hotel. I went to the concierge floor to get breakfast. Pretty sure I was the only female and the only one in yoga pants and an Ironman shirt. I wonder what all of them were thinking about me being up there! I had some fruit and oatmeal. I headed back to my room, let Cailin know my plans, and called the front desk to make sure they could bring me. The front desk told me the shuttle was first come, first serve. I kept peaking out of my window to make sure it hadn’t left. I headed down around 9:20 a.m. so that I would have enough time to get there.

The shuttle dropped me off right at the studio. It was in a really nice building that had a ton of natural light. I headed up to the studio. There was a class in session so I waited until that was finished to head in. I signed it, paid my drop in rate of $20. The fee included the class, a mat, and a towel. I went and changed and headed into the Bikram studio. There is nothing like getting blasted with 105* when walking into a room. The room was huge! It had mirrors on one side and windows on the other. I liked that. On the floor there were arrows to guide people where to lay down their mats. I picked one in the back row. I got situated, stretched, and waited for class to begin.

I don’t know if my body was off or if I was super dehydrated but I did not feel good. I like to think I am pretty tough so I told myself to buck up and stop being a baby. At one point my vision went black and that’s when I knew I was in a little trouble. I sat down and tried to breathe and figure out what was wrong with my body. That had never happened before! I thought my stomach was a little off. I drank some water and got back up. Bad idea, my vision went again. This time I was a little scared. I whispered to the instructor that I needed to step out for a minute. I headed to the bathroom. I felt a little better so I headed back in. I still didn’t feel great but I felt well enough to continue with the class. I just didn’t try to kill myself with the poses. About 5 minutes after my bathroom break the fire alarm went off! No one really moved (dumb, I know). We were waiting for the instructor to figure out if it was a drill or not. Right as she told us to wrap ourselves in a towel, she got word that we did not have to evacuate. It was just a drill. We got readjusted and kept going.

Every Bikram studio does some things a little differently. I enjoyed this studio! During the class the instructor massaged everyone’s feet. That felt amazing. My favorite is the cold towel soaked in water and oils at Bikram Yoga Oswego, though.

After class was over I collected myself, toweled off and threw on my long-sleeve shirt. I went out to the desk and apologized for my absence in class and how I had to skip a few poses. The instructor was so great and told me not to worry, it doesn’t matter. I told her I loved the class and that I would definitely recommend the studio.


I asked her about a juice bar, Jujubeet, that was advertised on their website. She told me it was all juice, no smoothies. It was a close walk so I figured I could walk there, get a juice and walk back and have the shuttle pick me up at the yoga studio. I made it to JuJubeet and couldn’t wait to drink something healthy. I needed a boost after the yoga class.


They did make smoothies, so I was happy, but I realized they did not serve peanut butter in their smoothies! How can a place not do that? I am not a fan of almond butter but realized I was going to have to suck it up and deal with it. I was craving a smoothie with banana, peanut butter, almond milk, and cacao. I got almost wanted I wanted. I had to get almond butter, ugh. The smoothie cost almost $10. That’s pretty crazy for a simple smoothie but at that moment I did not care. It was a big serving, so I got my money’s worth. Other than the grittiness of the almond butter, the smoothie was amazing. It definitely revived me. IMG_2254

Jujubeet had a wide assortment of freshly made juices and food items. They also offer juice cleanses. I would go back and try another juice or smoothie. The prices were a little crazy but according to friends who live there, Bellevue is known for being expensive.

I walked back to the yoga studio and called the hotel shuttle. It picked me up in less than 10 minutes and I was back at the hotel in no time. I showered and relaxed a little and then Cailin, Connor, and Bill (Cailin’s Dad), came to get me. We went to back to Seattle for one last time. We made our rounds to the market. Cailin and Connor purchased some fish!


I took one last picture of the harbor and the Ferris wheel.


We headed back to Bellevue,  stopped at Whole Foods, and then headed back to the hotel and got ready for dinner. We went to the Tipsy Cow Burger Bar. It had good reviews on Yelp, and they turned out to be true! Their menu had an assortment of burgers. I got mine in a lettuce wrap. I ordered the regular fries but I should have followed Cailin’s lead and ordered the truffle fries. The truffle fries were to die for!


Now, I rarely drink, but when I see 44 North Huckleberry vodka on the menu I order a Huckleberry Lemonade. It tasted so good. Cailin got some fancy lemonade drink.


After dinner we headed back to Cailin and her family’s hotel. Connor’s birthday was coming up so Karen got a key lime tart for  him at Whole Foods. I don’t love key lime but it was delicious! Cailin also saved me a peanut butter cupcake from Trophy Cupcakes. It was so good but I couldn’t eat all of it. We all were definitely stuffed after dinner, tart, and cupcake!


They dropped me off at my hotel and I got ready for bed. I was going to go the airport with Karen and Bill in the morning. Their flight left at 10:15 a.m. Mine didn’t leave until 1:00 p.m. but we wanted Cailin and Connor to get on the road for their 8 hour drive home. We planned to leave the hotel around 8 a.m.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s